Enjoy First-Rate Rest, Relax on Rimu
The Rimu Custom Gas-lift Timber Bed Frame is a clean and strong timber panel design bed sure to complement any modern decor with its straight-line finish. The Rimu is one of our premium timber custom bed frames available in all standard sizes and offers strong panel side rails and headboard features, along with an easy-to-use gas-lift mechanism at the foot end to access a large storage facility hidden under your mattress. Your mattress is also supported by strong and supple posture slats so long-lasting support is assured. The Rimu bed frame can be made from either Victorian Oak Ash, American Oak or Pine sourced from sustainable timber plantations and is a great option for bedrooms needing a feature bed with storage available discreetly out of sight. The gas lift mechanism comes with 12 a month's warranty and the frame structure has 2 years warranty.
Quality Craftsmanship, Premium Product
The Rimu is designed to deliver the biggest storage capacity The mattress itself sits inside the frame by 2 cm and rests on slats supported by 4 steel centre beams for secure sleeping. The gas lift mechanism comes with a 12-month warranty while the bed frame has a 2-year manufacturer warranty. There is a large range of timber colour stains on the frame to suit your decor if ordering in the standard range of sizes. But the Rimu is also fully customisable on specifications, dimensions and size, so you can make the bed of your dreams a reality! Why not contact our sales team today for a personalised quote - 1800 940 596.
Online Display Model Colour:
The model is displayed in Victoria Ash Oak with an 'Eco' coloured tinted sealer in the standard dimensions.
Complete the Set
Custom-Made Timber Bed Specifications:
- Our custom-made timber beds are made right here in Sydney, Australia, from sustainable plantations.
- Select from our premium wood - Victoria Ash Oak or American Oak, both are Australian hardwoods sourced from Victoria. You can also stick with New Zealand Pine, our standard timber, a great budget -yet a custom- option.
- Our bed frames are made from solid timber with your choice of Victoria Ash Oak, American Oak or New Zealand Pine for all edges/borders, legs, side rails, and small footboards.
- Large headboards and large foot-ends are made with veneer panels or a mixture of solid timber and veneer.
- Slats are solid pine measuring 9cm x 3.5cm.
- Single, King Single and Double do not need central support; but can be ordered if you require heavy-duty support.
- Queen size has a centre support underneath the slats.
- King and Superking have centre support underneath the slats as well as two legs touching the floor.
- Our custom-designed bases can hold a combined weight of 380kg on our Double, Queen, King, and Super King sizes.
- Single and Double have 11 solid pine slats measuring 9cm x 3.5cm each, with the gap between each slat measuring 8cm.
- Queen, King, and Superking have 12 solid pine slats measuring 9cm x 3.5cm each, with the gap between each slat measuring 8cm.
- Most of the timbers are finished with a tinted lacquer sealer. However, the Victoria Ash Oak and American Oak have an additional option for a Livos Kunos oil-based tinted sealer.
- Organic Linseed is Livos Kunos Sealers' main component, which offers various all-natural, non-toxic, biodegradable stains.
- The Livos Kuno Sealers result in the timber colours being amplified and define our premium timbers' beautiful grain. If you would like to learn more, please click here.
- 12- months warranty on the gas lift mechanism and a 2-years warranty on all of our timber frame structures.
Custom Bed Frames with Gaslift:
- Gas lift bed frames, when lifted, can hold 90kg. Featuring four heavy-duty metal beams running vertically, head-to-toe.
- The internal storage height of our gas lifts is 35cm.
- Featuring 15 horizontal plywood flat slats measuring 5.5cm wide, and 1cm thick with 7cm between each slat.
- Our gas lift bed frames also have a central support leg touching the floor for added stability.
- Standard gas lift bed frames have two gas lift struts that lift your mattress at an approximately 45-degree angle, allowing you to access underneath the mattress from the side and the foot-end.
- Duo gas lift has four gas lift struts and provides a seamless transition when you lift the bed, bringing the mattress forward and leaving the mattress flat—allowing easier access to the storage near the headboard. Duo gas lifts also will enable you to rotate your mattress easily.
- For the Gas lift option, we have a 12-month warranty on the gas lift mechanism and a 2-year warranty on the frame structure.
If you would like to customise this bed to your specifications, please contact our sales team for a personalised quote.
Phone: 1800 934 538, email: [email protected], or say hi to our live chat!
Buy Bedworks quality custom-made product, backed by our worry-free 12 Months warranty on the gas lift mechanism and 2 years warranty on the frame structure.
- Made in
- 2 years
- Customisation Available
- Timber Type
- Pine or Tasmania OAK
- Product Type
- Bed Frame
Base DimensionsSelect the base type to see dimensions
|Width (W)||Length (L)|
|Mattress Sits Inside||5|